ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Mikael Andersson" <mail.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject TypeHandler question
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 18:21:40 GMT
Hi,
I wonder how typehandlers are resolved.

Currently I am defining a couple of typehandlers in the main config file,
and for some reason they aren't applied to matching results?

Typehandler registration:
    <typeHandler javaType="boolean"
                 jdbcType="CHAR"
                 callback="
com.test.ibatis.typehandler.YesNoBooleanTypehandlerCallback"/>
    <typeHandler javaType="boolean"
                 jdbcType="VARCHAR"
                 callback="
com.test.ibatis.typehandler.YesNoBooleanTypehandlerCallback"/>

Not sure I needed to define it twice, but did it just in case.

Previously with simple resultMaps they type handler seems to have been
applied without problems.
The result map it currently doesn't work for is using the discriminator tag,
not sure if that can be the reason?

Also in my experience for simple mappings were the result map isn't needed
(plain <select>) the type handler isn't applied, is this correct?

Cheers,
 Mike