ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ashish Kulkarni" <ashish.kulkarn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis to return xml instead of arraylist (of hashmap).
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 17:05:26 GMT
Hi
I would be interested in the solution you provided where i can create XML
file from HashMap.
I was using ibtaits and type=XML , but hit an issue when there are some
German characters like umlaut in the database,
here is a email i had send, but did not got any reply for it
http://www.nabble.com/Error-When-creating-XML-file-from-Database-with-Character-conversion-error-tf3409773.html#a9499524

So i want to develop some code where in i can convert HashMap to XML String.

I am not sure how do i call the code you have specified,  for example i
would do the following to get the HashMap,
But when do i call this code MapToXmlRowHandler?

Here is what i would do
in java
   List list = client.queryForList("getFooter4", new BigDecimal(33333));
in ibatis
<select id="getFooter4" resultClass="java.util.HashMap" parameterClass="
java.math.BigDecimal" >
        SELECT P704SPEC, P704LINE, P704DETL, P704USER, P704DATE, P704TIME
         FROM PU27041 WHERE P704SPEC = #value#
</select>

But where do i write this code to convert HashMap into XML

Regards
Ashish