ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Seth Helstrip <seth_helst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Transaction Control across multiple datasources
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:23:10 GMT
I'm relatively new to iBatis and am hoping someone can
offer me some form of transaction management advise?

I'm using Spring MVC with iBatis, and so far, have
been mightily impressed with both technologies.
Within my application I have the need to maintain
transactions across two datasources and daoconfig,
each pointing at a different db implementation - one
Oracle, one DB2.

Since I'm using Spring I was wondering whether the
best way to do this would be to use EXTERNAL
transaction management within iBatis and to somehow
span the two DAO activities using a Spring transaction
mechanism.

I'm not using Spring IoC - and as such, think this
approach may require some messy coding.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Seth