ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Kalcevich, Daniel" <dkalcev...@firstam.com>
Subject RE: What is RequestScope used for?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 15:03:37 GMT
I found about this RequestScope through the profiler YourKit.  Here is
the trail that references the IBatis objects.

map of com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.scope.RequestScope

--[121] of java.lang.Object[513]

---elementData of java.util.ArrayList

----list of java.util.Collections$SynchronizedRandomAccessList

-----pool of com.ibatis.common.util.ThrottledPool

------requestPool of com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelega
te

------delegate of com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl

-------client of com.ibatis.dao.engine.transaction.sqlmap.SqlMapDao
TransactionManager

--------transactionManager of com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.DaoContext

---------[0] of java.lang.Object[11]

----------elementData of java.util.ArrayList

-----------value of java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap$Entry

------------[1442] of java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap$Entry[2049]

-------------table of java.lang.ThreadLocal$ThreadLocalMap

--------------threadLocals of java.lang.Thread [Stack Local, Thread]

The reason I thought it might be contributing to a memory leak was the
fact that at every snapshot I take, the number of HashMaps continues to
increase without going down.  Then when I look at what it is referring
to, it points to the RequestScope.

While looking in the trace, I saw that it was referencing the
DaoContext's transaction Manager.  Could the Transaction Manager be
playing a part in this?  My application uses Spring with SQL Maps, but a
library we wrote uses the DAO Framework specifically.  The Spring
application does not use it.  I think that is worth looking into, given
what I see in the profiler.

Daniel