ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Niels Beekman" <n.beek...@wis.nl>
Subject RE: Object canonicalization?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:51:45 GMT
Hi,

If you're experiencing performance problems because of a few Boolean
objects being constructed, you've coded the rest of your application
very well.

Indeed, iBATIS uses the Boolean constructor, it would be better if it
used Boolean.valueOf() which uses the TRUE/FALSE constants.

Unless you can prove otherwise, I don't think iBATIS developers will
treat this as a high priority issue...

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: John Indra [mailto:ji.milist@gmail.com]
Sent: maandag 12 maart 2007 9:56
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Object canonicalization?

Hi...

I am a very happy iBATIS user and I am still new to Java.

I have this question after reading "Pro Spring" chapter 10, "What is
missing?". From my understanding, the book says if I have 1000 rows
with a column in boolean that need to be map to Boolean object, SqlMap
will create 1000 Boolean objects whereas I will mostly need 2 Boolean
objects right?

Does the statement still hold for iBATIS 2.3.0.677?

Thanks,
John