ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Seth Helstrip <seth_helst...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configurable static parameters in SQL
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 10:53:34 GMT
Hey Ilya,
You can insert dynamic portions into your sql with
iBatis using the $ syntax.  To take your example,
below you'd use something like...

<sqlMap namespace="Students">
    <select id="isStudent"
 resultClass="java.lang.Integer"
parameterClass="String">
        SELECT count(*)  FROM $dbOwner$.students
 WHERE id = #value#
 </select>  </sqlMap>

And then supply the String parameter as an object to
the query from your Java sqlMap.  E.g.

Boolean isTrue = (Boolean) queryForObject("isStudent",
myParameterString);

Hope this helps.
Seth

--- Ilya Boyandin <Ilya.Boyandin@fh-joanneum.at>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to use static parameters that I can set
> in a config file
> directly in SQL queries. I need it especially for
> the MS SQL database
> owner that I want neither to hard code in SQL nor to
> pass as a parameter
> from Java code each time I execute queiries. I tried
> to define a
> "dbOwner" setting in properties.config, but it
> didn't work with the
> following code:
>
> <sqlMap namespace="Students">
>    <select id="isStudent"
> resultClass="java.lang.Integer">
>        SELECT count(*)  FROM ${dbOwner}.students
> WHERE id = #value#
>    </select>  </sqlMap>
>
> Is it possible in any other way with iBatis?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
> Ilya

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front