ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ted Schrader" <teds.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Syntax for getter variables in a POJO
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:51:29 GMT
Hi Collin,

So setProduct_id() and setP_sequence() wouldn't work?

Regardless, if I understand the recommeneded iBATIS way of doing
things, your situation  would be an excellent case for using
<resultMap>, perhaps something like:

<resultMap id="productResult" class="mypackage.Product">
    <result column="product_id"    property="id" />
    <result column="p_sequence" property="sequence" />
</resultMap>

<select id="products" resultMap="productResult" >
    SELECT product_id, p_sequence
       FROM Products
</select>

The <resultMap> expects setId() and setSequence() setters on the
Product class.  It's a great way to keep database column names from
dictating method names on the Java side of things.

Ted