ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is RequestScope used for?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:52:02 GMT
RequestScope is a pooled object that basically controls the number of SQL
statements you can run at any given time.   The pool is filled upon startup,
but is a very small footprint.  If it's the cause of the memory leak, you'll
notice the total number of RequestScope instances will increase as you run
statements.  If it remains constant (like it's supposed to), then it is not
the problem.  You can configure how many are in the pool in the
SqlMapConfig.xml, but I recommend you don't.   Eventually the RequestScope
pool will disappear  along with this configuration option.

Cheers,
Clinton