ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chris Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: Abator generated SqlMap.xml files
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:43:27 GMT
On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 10:06 -0500, Mark Volkmann wrote:

> Postgres has a notion of a "search path" that is a list of schemas
> that are searched to find databases.
> I think I need to add my schema to the search path, but I don't know
> how to do that.
> Any ideas?

It's been a while since I used it, but I think you just set the "search
path" runtime parameter for that db user in postgres.  So you'd login as
the user your app will connect as and run this through pgsql:

    SET search_path to '$user, public, order, geo';

Then verify:

    SHOW search_path;

It should be set for that user for subsequent connections.

More detail here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-schemas.html#DDL-SCHEMAS-PATH

If that works, I think you don't need to specify the schema in Abator's
table element (provided you don't have tables with the same name in
different schemas).

Cheers,
Chris