ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chris Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: Support for database specific SQL config
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:53:37 GMT
I don't know offhand, but I would a) first see if the postgres JDBC can
support what you want (because if it can't, iBATIS can't either) and b)
try a simple throwaway app with iBATIS to see what happens.

Personally, I would try another approach, using session and set like
that isn't something I've seen before in the Java world.  The postgres
now() function returns with a timezone (if your column is setup to use a
timezone), so I usually just have a SimpleDateFormat'er in a higher
layer that takes the returned value from the db and deals with it locale
specific.  That way if you cache a date from the db via iBATIS, it can
be interpreted into multiple locales.

Cheers,
Chris