ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Chris Lamey <cla...@localmatters.com>
Subject Re: writing XML with attributes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:03:24 GMT
True, it is common, but it's not really a core competency of iBATIS.
iBATIS goes along the path of a tool that does its one job very well,
rather than a big one that tries to do everything.

I also have a need for generating large sets of XML from a db via
iBATIS.  I use an iBATIS RowHandler that uses XStream
(http://xstream.codehaus.org/ - another great "do one thing and do it
well" kind of project) to write out the XML.  It's fast, doesn't use a
bunch of memory, and gets the job done.

Cheers,
Chris