ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Kauchali" <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject RE: What is RequestScope used for?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:22:26 GMT
Notwithstanding the OP's issue .  is there any sensible way of preventing
this?  Ie. how to detect connections are being returned to the pool without
them properly ending transactions?

Is it even possible?

From: Clinton Begin [mailto:clinton.begin@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 6:40 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: What is RequestScope used for?

Yep, you have a leak and it is RequestScope related...but it's likely not an
ibatis bug...

It's more likely that you're not ending transactions properly.

try {
  sqlMapClient.startTransaction();
  ///... do work
} finally {
  sqlMapClient.endTransaction();
}

Clinton

On 3/6/07, Kalcevich, Daniel < dkalcevich@firstam.com
<mailto:dkalcevich@firstam.com> > wrote:

OK, upon looking at the Yourkit, I am showing the number of objects in
memory as the following:

-          com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl - 212 objects with
a total retained size in memory of 31.38MB

-          com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.scope.RequestScope - 108, 544 objects
with a total retained size in memory of 16.49MB.

-          com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.scope.SessionScope - 27,136 objects with
a total retained size in memory of 3.03 MB.

Do those numbers make sense?  I only question it because with every snapshot
of the memory I have taken along the way, the RequestScope/SessionScope
objects keep increasing.

Daniel

  _____