ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Jeff Butler" <jeffgbut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OracleCallableStatement, log4j => PreparedStatementLogProxy (is this a bug?)
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:55:07 GMT
iBATIS does different things depending on the logging level.  If logging is
enabled on java.sql.Connection, then you'll get the proxied classes  (which
are proxied yet again by Oracle).  If not, you'll get the actual classes
(again, proxied by Oracle).  To be completely safe, you need to allow for
both possibilities (with an instanceof check - ugh).

Also, this is not related to commons-logging vs. log4j.  The difference must
be that you had logging enabled in your log4j config and not enabled in your
commons-logging config.  This is very easy to do - because the
commons-logging config is often very high in the class loader hierarchy and
hard to override.

So, because of this pecularity in the way that iBATIS does logging, there
will necessarily be some intrusions into your code - unless you decide to
stop logging altogether.

With that in mind, I still think the getPs() method is least intrusive into
iBATIS with a minimal additional intrusion into your code.

Does this make sense?

Honestly, I'm not convinced that this is the best way to do logging going
forward into iBATIS 3.0, but that's another topic completely.

Jeff Butler