ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [JDBC type = ARRAY / Java type = ?] iBATIS for Java 2.3.0 General Availability
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2007 13:50:10 GMT
OK, as I am digging through this, I see that we have this "build
number" thing on the download.

I am wondering if we should change it to make that number have some more value.

What I mean is: "What does 'ibatis-2.3.0.677.zip' really tell me about
the build?"

677 is just an arbitrary magic number tagged onto the build.

Should we use something like the SVN release number instead? That way,
I can very easily look to see *exactly* what has changed between
releases by doing this:

   svn diff old:new

That seems a lot more useful than 638 or 677.

Thoughts? I am going to do the next release that way instead unless I
hear wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Larry

On 2/15/07, Brandon Goodin <brandon.goodin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's a good idea if we all take a turn at the release. I'll work
> close with Larry to get my feet wet with the process and prepare to take a
> turn at some point.
>
> Brandon
>

>  On 2/15/07, Jeff Butler <jeffgbutler@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This page is a good checklist for the process:
> >
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/release.html
> >
> > You'll also need to get yourself a PGP key and add it to a public registry
> (pretty easy).
> >
> > Good luck!  I'm happy to help if you get stuck.
> >
> > Jeff Butler
> >

> > On 2/15/07, Larry Meadors < lmeadors@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I'll raise my hand as the guinea pig^W^W pioneer to do the next
> > > release as an experimental maven build.
> > >
> > > If Jeff can help me with the process requirements, I can pester
> > > Brandon and others for maven support.
> > >
> > > Larry

> will be

> release