ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dave Rodenbaugh" <drodenba...@WILDBLUECORP.COM>
Subject RE: Transaction issue with 2.2.0
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:07:22 GMT
Oh...one other piece of possibly relevant info:

FooDao and BarDao are created in two separate JARs, each having their
own configuration properties (they point to the same DB, but different
schemas.  They share the same runtime user information).

Thanks,
-D

________________________________

From: Dave Rodenbaugh
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:05 AM
To: 'user-java@ibatis.apache.org'
Subject: Transaction issue with 2.2.0

Hello,

I have a question about a transaction scenario I'm doing...I see
problems when trying to use
startTransaction()/commitTransaction()/endTransaction with JDBC data
source.  I'm using Oracle 9.2 client libraries, and this is with
iBATIS-2.2.0.

Here's my code pattern--I have two Daos involved--one "Foo" and one
"Bar".  I'm transacting Foo here.  (I've tried transacting both and get
the same result, too--so it seems to be relating to the FooDao
transaction somehow)

DaoManager dm = FooDaoManager.getDaoManager();
try
{
    dm.startTransaction();
    op1UsingFooDao();
    logger.info("1");
    op2UsingFooDao();
    logger.info("2");
    op3UsingBarDao();                  //throws SQLException when the Tx
code is off, hangs here when using Tx
    logger.info("3");    //never gets here...
    dm.commitTransaction();
}
finally
{
    logger.info("Inside finally block");
    dm.endTransaction();
}

Output with no transaction code (application terminates):
1
2
Inside finally block

Output with transaction code present (application hangs):
1
2

I expected that the transaction would roll back when an exception was
encountered by triggering the finally code.  However, since it hangs, I
don't know where or why it hung in op3UsingBarDao()...?

What am I doing wrong in this scenario and how should I correctly
address this?  This scenario is consistent with the documentation, but
the docs don't cover multiple DaoManager transactions...

Thanks,
-Dave