ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Mark Volkmann <m...@ociweb.com>
Subject Abator overwriting generated SqlMap XML files
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 21:59:53 GMT
I'm running Abator from an Ant target like this.

     <java jar="${abator.jar}" fork="true">
       <!-- true to overwrite existing files, with the same name.
            false to save newly generated files with a unique name
            (dot number at end) -->
       <arg line="AbatorConfig.xml false"/>
     </java>

Since I'm passing in "false", it shouldn't overwrite existing files.
However, depending on the change I make to a generated SqlMap.xml
file, it overwrites it anyway.

If I add a new <select> element, the file doesn't get overwritten.
However, if I put that <select> element in a new file and include it
into the generated SqlMap.xml file using an external entity
reference, Abator overwrites the file, throwing away my entity
definition and reference.

Here's what I added to the generated SqlMap.xml file.

1) Add an external entity definition inside
      the closing > of the DOCTYPE like this.

      [
        <!ENTITY additions SYSTEM "item_SqlMap_additions.xml">
      ]

   2) Add a reference to this entity before
      the closing </sqlMap> tag like this.

      &additions;