ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Todorovich, Milo" <Milo_Todorov...@pamperedchef.com>
Subject RE: parameter map and like %?% query
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:12:40 GMT
Instead of coding the % signs into your statements, make them a part of
the parameter that is passed in. Here's an example:

<select id="selectLikeName">
    select * from person where first_name like #nameParm#
</select>

Then your code can call this statement like this:

parameterMap.put("nameParm", "%"+nameParmValue+"%");
List results = sqlMapClient.queryForList("selectLikeName",
parameterMap);

Good luck!
-Milo

-----Original Message-----
From: cmose [mailto:cjmose@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 4:06 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: parameter map and like %?% query

I hope this isn't a blatantly obvious question but it may well be...

I'm trying to do a LIKE query using either a parameter map or an inline
parameter map and I can't seem to get that to work with the % and %
characters, what I would like to do is something along the lines of LIKE
%?% or LIKE %#value#%  however, I can't seem to get that working. Every
time I try it using %?% I get a mysql syntax error indicating that
ibatis is adding quotes around the %'s e.g,. '%'value'%' which causes
mysql to barf.

I tried quoting the %?%, e.g., "%?%" but that causes ibatis to barf
saying that it can't find a parameter...

Does anyone have advice/can point out something obvious that I'm missing
or is this just not possible?

Thanks!