ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Nathan Maves" <nathan.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using typeHandler
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:21:32 GMT
IMHO this is a bad way or trying to reduce code.

Let me point out a few reasons :)

1.  Why use a map if you are only ever going to pass 1 string in.  That is
twice the amount of memory needed to object creation.

2.  You have moved database specific information into your java code.  I
think it is a good practice to have all sql in the maps.  I think it is much
more readable and easier to debug.  You java code will be littered with
map.get("SOME_COLUMN") calls.  Not clean in my opinion.

3.  As long as you keep the static table name string in your DAO layer you
should not run into SQL injection but I get scared every time I see the $$.

4.  Some one might correct me but I believe that using actual result classes
with result maps is more performant then always using maps.

Sorry to be so negative,  I just woke up :)

Nathan