ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Stefano Mancini" <smanc...@idoq.it>
Subject using typeHandler
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:37:34 GMT

Hi,

I've the following problem:

I want to read the rows of a generic table into a List of HashMaps using a statement like
this one

<select id="selectAll" remapResults="true" resultClass="java.util.HashMap" parameterClass="java.util.Map">
    select * from $table$
</select>

If the table contains a column of type BLOB in the resulting map is inserted an object of
type oracle.sql.BLOB (I'm using oracle 10g), I would like to have a byte[] in this case. I've
inserted the following mapping

<typeHandler jdbcType="BLOB" javaType = "[B" callback="com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.type.BlobTypeHandlerCallback"
/>

in the SqlMap with no results (I've used "[B] as javaType because byte[] isn't accepted).
Obviously if I use a resultMap with all the properties specified all works fine, but it's
no more general.

Any ideas ?