ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JDBC type = ARRAY / Java type = ?] iBATIS for Java 2.3.0 General Availability
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:52:04 GMT
The build number is very important...it's the only automated serial number
we have.

It doesn't matter to me where that number comes from.  SVN rev number is an
excellent suggestion.  But I don't want to downplay the importance of an
automated serial number.

I agree with Jeff's point, that there shouldn't be two releases with the
same version but different build numbers, and we never have.

Perhaps a new Ant/Maven task that grabs the revision from the current
working copy (because that's actually what you're building), but the task
should also check that there are no modifications...it's a bit tricky to get
it right actually.  The alternative would be a "fresh build" task that would
do a full checkout from SVN, note the rev number and then build from there.
Which is actually decent.

So to summarize, yes it's important and yes it could be more meaningful by
using the SVN rev number -- and it has to be automated.

Cheers,
Clinton