ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fetchSize
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:26:57 GMT
You're using an 8 year old database and a 5 year old driver.  :-)

The combination may not support fetch size properly.

Furthermore, even if it is supported by the driver, it is not
guaranteed to fetch exactly that number of rows.  The following is an
excerpt from the JDK JavaDoc for PreparedStatement.setFetchSize()

Gives the JDBC driver a hint as to the number of rows that should be
fetched from the database when more rows are needed. The number of
rows specified affects only result sets created using this statement.
If the value specified is zero, then the hint is ignored. The default
value is zero.

Clinton