ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Direct-to-Field mappings now implemented.
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 07:44:49 GMT
Hi all,

I found a few hours tonight to implement direct-to-field mappings.  I
don't have any energy left to explain it fully, but it's simple to
use, so here's the summary.

To implement this, I changed the ClassInfo to accept a new pattern of
"property" access.  You can now wrap a field names in round brackets
to distinguish them from properties.  So:

"id" is a property.
"(id)" is a field.

These can be mixed with properties like:

"account.(address).street"

This last point is important and is the primary reason I didn't use a
new XML tag -- that would have severely limited the mix-n-match
ability of the feature (and it would have been harder to implement).

This approach works for reads and writes and for both inline or
external parameter maps and result maps.

It should be ubiquitous.  Anywhere you used to use property names, you
can now use (field) names too.

Thoughts?  It's not too late to change the syntax (round brackets) or
anything else.

I think it's the simplest, most flexible and performant approach.

Cheers,
Clinton