ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Kauchali" <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject RE: Difference between DBCP and SIMPLE connection pools
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:11:33 GMT

Hi Clinton - thanks for responding.

> SimpleDataSource has served us very well over the years, with very few
> changes.  I'd like to redo the interface at some point (currently
> yucky property based config), but the implementation seems to work
> well. It's a synchronous pool that doesn't spawn any threads for
> reaping connections or anything like that.

Does DBCP do that?

Also, I wanted to know, is the life time of the connection pool (not
connection object) for SIMPLE/DBCP connected to SQLMapClientImpl or
SQLMapDelegator?  IOW:  is the pool destroyed every time a new
SQLMapDelegator or SQLMapClient is instantiated?

What is the impact of this when connections from the pool are actually
participating in a transaction and connectivity details are changed at the
same time?

How does this compare to an AppServer-based JNDI datasource configured for
iBatis?  Is the life time of the pool managed independently of the life time
of SQLMapClient/ExectorDelegate?

TIA,