ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "James Johnson" <johnson.jam...@gmail.com>
Subject Cache Memory Size
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 22:30:25 GMT
I was wondering if there was a way to determine the amount of memory being
allocated by a iBatis cache. I read a thread called "Estimating amount of
memory need for cache".  However, the thread ended on 25 Jul 2005 with
mention of an utility being developed. Was anything ever developed? Or is
there a some other way to determine the size of a cache?

I believe that the cache is storing query statements and the resulting
objects in memory. Are the query statements the keys in a map with the
values being object(s)?  Also, how does the cache grow? Does it preallocate
memory in the "map" based on the cache size or does it allocate just what is
needed upon each object being added to the cache?

Sorry for all the questions. Still fairly new to iBatis and trying to get a
handle on these caching aspects.

Thanks in advance for any help.