ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE when using user connection and sub-select statement
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 16:38:10 GMT
On 1/6/07, ajoo <ajoo.email@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, our project uses ibatis in a slightly different way. The legacy system
> uses a ConnectionManager to obtain and release connections. So I had to use
> SqlMapClient.openSession(Connection).

I was in a similar position, but was able to make that "connection
manager" look like a javax.sql.DataSource and use it that way with
iBATIS.

You should investigate doing that with yours - it's actually pretty
simple, there are only 6 methods in the interface (well, a couple more
with JDBC4, but you're probably not there yet).

The chief advantage of doing that is that it will get you *completely*
out of the connection management business - you can let iBATIS handle
it all, which will VASTLY simplify your entire system.

Larry