ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From ayan.x.afr...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: SQLMAP loading
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 15:43:41 GMT
At what point are you getting these heap-dumps? While executing a query,
or during your load of the ibatis config files?

-Ayan

"Tom Henricksen" <TomH@A-t-g.com>
01/31/2007 10:34 AM
Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

<user-java@ibatis.apache.org>
cc

Subject
SQLMAP loading

We run our application on Websphere 5.1 and are getting heapdumps.  I was
going through the IBM HeapAnalyzer to pin point possible memory leak
suspects.  One of the suspects is the HashMaps created from iBatis(2.1.5)
when we load up all our sqlMap xml files.  This made me wonder whether we
are doing things correctly.  When we start our application we load all the
iBatis files in:

if (singleton == null) {

            String resource =
"com/advtechgrp/bop/medical/data/sqlmaps-config.xml";
            Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
            singleton = SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        }

        if (nestedTransactionSingleton == null) {

            String resource =
"com/advtechgrp/bop/medical/data/sqlmaps-config.xml";
            Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
            nestedTransactionSingleton = SqlMapClientBuilder
                    .buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        }

        if (reportingClientSingleton == null) {

            String resource =
"com/advtechgrp/bop/medical/reports/data/reports-sqlmaps-config.xml";
            Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
            reportingClientSingleton = SqlMapClientBuilder
                    .buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        }

If this seems wrong let me know.
Thanks,
Tom

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,