ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Tom Henricksen" <T...@A-t-g.com>
Subject RE: SQLMAP loading
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:19:54 GMT
We get the heap dumps after the application is running for quite a
while.  So I know it is not when we load the config files.  I will look
more at the heap dump but I don't think it was during a query either.

Thanks,

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: ayan.x.afridi@jpmchase.com [mailto:ayan.x.afridi@jpmchase.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 9:44 AM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Cc: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: SQLMAP loading

At what point are you getting these heap-dumps? While executing a query,
or during your load of the ibatis config files?

-Ayan

"Tom Henricksen" <TomH@A-t-g.com>

01/31/2007 10:34 AM

Please respond to
user-java@ibatis.apache.org

<user-java@ibatis.apache.org>

cc

Subject

SQLMAP loading

We run our application on Websphere 5.1 and are getting heapdumps.  I
was going through the IBM HeapAnalyzer to pin point possible memory leak
suspects.  One of the suspects is the HashMaps created from
iBatis(2.1.5) when we load up all our sqlMap xml files.  This made me
wonder whether we are doing things correctly.  When we start our
application we load all the iBatis files in:

if (singleton == null) {

            String resource =
"com/advtechgrp/bop/medical/data/sqlmaps-config.xml";
            Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
            singleton = SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        }

        if (nestedTransactionSingleton == null) {

            String resource =
"com/advtechgrp/bop/medical/data/sqlmaps-config.xml";
            Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
            nestedTransactionSingleton = SqlMapClientBuilder
                    .buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        }

        if (reportingClientSingleton == null) {

            String resource =
"com/advtechgrp/bop/medical/reports/data/reports-sqlmaps-config.xml";
            Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader(resource);
            reportingClientSingleton = SqlMapClientBuilder
                    .buildSqlMapClient(reader);

        }

If this seems wrong let me know.
Thanks,
Tom

  _____

thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,