ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tom Duffey <tduf...@utilivisor.com>
Subject Re: Can ibatis work with java object with constructor have parameters?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:25:27 GMT

On Jan 9, 2007, at 12:56 AM, Paul Benedict wrote:

> My driver is because I cache at the object instance level, and
> return the same instance for the same primary key. This is a little
> deeper than ibatis' caching which is at the statement level -- but
> with multiple statements potentially returning the same object (in
> terms of object identity), this is where having access to the
> ResultSet is necessary. If I can shortcut the creation of the
> object, I will.

Jumping in a little late here but I do exactly this, and I use iBATIS
*and* I don't require any new iBATIS features.  It's pretty simple:

- Turn off iBATIS caching
- Build a Factory layer that sites right about your iBATIS layer
- Use something like ehcache, oscache, etc. in your factories along
with some simple methods to ensure object identity

Tom