ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From navrsale <navrsalem...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: BatchException
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:46:17 GMT

No problem, it just seems non-intuitive.
While driver has to throw batch update exception as it cannot know if that
should be a bailout error or not (and there are different versions of
drivers), iBatis could decide differently, i.e. if there are some failed
statements in a batch to just return int[] row counts to the caller without
throwing exception (if no nested batches). Only if there are nested batches
it should throw BatchException (otherwise getSuccessfulBatchResults() will
always return empty list and aslo getFailingSqlStatement() would be of no
use as there is only one statement anyways. getFailingStatementId() would
also be of no use as it can be inferred from returned int[].