ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From ajoo <ajoo.em...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NPE when using user connection and sub-select statement
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:36:12 GMT

Larry Meadors-2 wrote:

> I was in a similar position, but was able to make that "connection
> manager" look like a javax.sql.DataSource and use it that way with
> iBATIS.
>
> You should investigate doing that with yours - it's actually pretty
> simple, there are only 6 methods in the interface (well, a couple more
> with JDBC4, but you're probably not there yet).
>
> The chief advantage of doing that is that it will get you *completely*
> out of the connection management business - you can let iBATIS handle
> it all, which will VASTLY simplify your entire system.
>
> Larry

Thanks Larry. I suppose you are talking about the DataSourceFactory
interface? I'll definitely give it a try. It sounds like many of my ibatis
integration code can be go away this way, which will be great.

By the way, if you are concerned about versioning problem with DataSource,
check out http://dimple.codehaus.org, it allows one to implement only the
relevant methods and leave the irrelevant UnsupportedOperationException.

Ben