ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Koka Kiknadze" <226...@gmail.com>
Subject column vs columnIndex
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:36:16 GMT
We work with in-memory database and I was very pleased to see that iBatis
adds almost no overhead compared to pure JDBC except when we use
column="someColumn" in our resultmaps. So we have to use columnIndex which,
of course, is a bit too inconvenient.

Simple profiling hints that the difference arises because of multiple calls
to Character.toUpperCase. I suspect those calls are to match database column
by name. If it's correct, may ask for a feature that will accelerate using
column names, say, by translating all column names into indexes and caching
them at first execution of queryForXXX, so that next executions will not
need any string comparisons?

TYA