ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Koka Kiknadze" <226...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Autocommit not properly handled in Ibatis.
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:11:57 GMT

> iBATIS always commits or rolls back transactions explicitly with
> commit() and rollback().
>
> Clinton

IJust to spare someone's time  I'd like to add that it is only true if
1. Threre were some insert/update/delete or procedure calls after
startTransaction()
OR
2. The forceCommit (commitRequired) property is set to true

I.e. if, after startTransaction(), only select statements are executed and
forceCommit is set to false, no commit is issued to the database even if you
call commit in iBatis.
I've lost couple of hours until Jeff explained that to me and I hope I got
it right.