ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can ibatis work with java object with constructor have parameters?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 06:56:23 GMT
Brandon,

Sometimes it's good to construct the object directly with access to the
ResultSet, but using IBATIS to dynamically write the SQL. There's a
ticket open for this functionality:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-226

My driver is because I cache at the object instance level, and return
the same instance for the same primary key. This is a little deeper than
ibatis' caching which is at the statement level -- but with multiple
statements potentially returning the same object (in terms of object
identity), this is where having access to the ResultSet is necessary. If
I can shortcut the creation of the object, I will.

Paul