ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tegan Clark <tegan.cl...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ibatis performance vs JDBC
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:16:54 GMT
Group,

  I've been doing some due-diligence performance comparisons between JDBC and iBATIS and everything
has pared out as I would expect (iBATIS has a very small overhead), other than in one case
where I call an Oracle stored procedure that takes an Oracle custom type I set in a type handler.
 iBATIS is much slower than JDBC (50% slower) and I have tracked down the discrepancy to where
SqlExecuter retrieves the ResultSet from the CallableStatement:

  private void retrieveOutputParameters(RequestScope request, CallableStatement cs,
     ResultSet rs = (ResultSet) cs.getObject(i + 1);

  I get a long pause while the result set is fetched, that I don't in my JDBC implementation.
 Anyone got any ideas about how iBATIS might be setting things up differently or come across
something like this before?

  Thanks for the help.

  Tegan