ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Brandon Goodin" <brandon.goo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prepared Statement caching
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:54:48 GMT
I am unsure what DBCP does. It sounds like it would do something similar.
But, as for iBATIS the statement caching is used in the SessionScope. This
means that the cache doesn't persist across unrelated calls (obviously). It
only exists for the duration of the connection being used. If you demarcate
a transaction and call SQL that is able to use the same PreparedStatement it
will create the first one and resuse it for all subsequent calls by retrieve
it from the prepared statement cache. So, if that is the same as the DBCP...
you can decide to use whichever you wish.

Brandon