ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tegan Clark <tegan.cl...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Getting straight at the ResultSet
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 20:02:26 GMT
Damien/Larry,

  Thanks for the reply.  I've looked at RowHandler, and unless I'm missing something iBATIS
is still controlling the iteration and passing me a Map of the underlying data, i.e. iBATIS
first incures the overhead of adapting the ResultSet to the Map, and then I must implement
some sought of buffer to hold the returned results (unless I implement some sought of callback
out of my DAL).

  Do my assumptions above sound correct?

  There's no way to map the ResultSet straight back? i.e:

     ResultSet res = (ResultSet ) sqlClient.queryForObject();

  Thanks again.

  Tegan

Damien McCarthy <damien.mccarthy@propylon.com> wrote:
                Hi Tegan,

  I think the RowHandler interface will provide the functionality you need, this will allow
you to iterate the objects.

  Take a look in p61 of the developer handbook for a nice example

  Damien.

  Ps. The Handbook is at : http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/java/pdf/iBATIS-SqlMaps-2_en.pdf