ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Cornel Antohi" <cant...@kepler-rominfo.com>
Subject Re: Autocommit not properly handled in Ibatis.
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:37:02 GMT
Hi Clinton,

1) What do you mean by "iBATIS never uses AutoCommit"? Here is what I found in:
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction --> private void init() throws
SQLException, TransactionException

// AutoCommit
if (connection.getAutoCommit()) {
    connection.setAutoCommit(false);
}

Thank you,
Cornel

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clinton Begin" <clinton.begin@gmail.com>
To: <user-java@ibatis.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: Autocommit not properly handled in Ibatis.

A few things:

1) iBATIS never uses AutoCommit.

2) setCommitRequired has nothing to do with AutoCommit.  iBATIS uses
deferred commits to avoid unecessary commits when no non-queries have
been issued.  And setCommitRequired is actually parameterized and can
be set with <transactionManager ... commitRequired="true">

3) You'll need to post your code so we can see what it's doing.  Are
you calling startTransaction()?  Are you using setUserConnection?  Or
openSession(conn)?

I'm sure with the right information we can resolve this for you easily.

Clinton