ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Damien McCarthy" <damien.mccar...@propylon.com>
Subject RE: Getting straight at the ResultSet
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:14:54 GMT
Hi Tegan,

I think the RowHandler interface will provide the functionality you need,
this will allow you to iterate the objects.

Take a look in p61 of the developer handbook for a nice example

Damien.

Ps. The Handbook is at :
http://ibatis.apache.org/docs/java/pdf/iBATIS-SqlMaps-2_en.pdf

From: Tegan Clark [mailto:tegan.clark@yahoo.com]
Sent: 04 January 2007 16:21
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Getting straight at the ResultSet

Hi group;

I was wondering if there is any way to receive the ResultSet back straight
from iBATIS, i.e. allow iBATIS to do the mapping on the way in, but let me
manipulate the ResultSet directly on the way out.

I have a framework that uses iBATIS to product "no-code" reports (just the
xml).  Some of those reports can stretch to 100,000's or records though so
are better suited to an iterator approach and non-reflective mapping.

If it can't be done, is this something iBATIS would be interested in having
contributed?

All help greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Tegan