ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Abdullah Kauchali" <abdullah.kauch...@isanusi.com>
Subject RE: Can we do with specifying resultClass and parameterClass at runtime?
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 05:55:02 GMT
Hi Jeff!

>You can delay parameterClass to runtime already -

> you don't need to specify it at configuration time.

Yes, of course:

    queryForList(String id, Object paramObject)

does that already!

(Sorry, my previous message where I gave an example of the API was wrong.
It should have been:

    queryForList(String id, Object paramObject, java.lang.Class resultClass)

>For results, you could use a HashMap as the resultclass and then

>convert to your desired class, or you could specify some common

>interface and use the ResultObjectFactory to specify the implementation

>at runtime.

Understood.

>Lastly, if this has something to do with polymorphic queries, then you

>might take a look at the <discriminator> tag - it might do what you want.

I like the sound of "polymorphic queries"!   :-)

Many thanks & kind regards,