ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ibatis v hibernate
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:30:08 GMT
OK, per your request: I just talked to a developer who works for a
company that I worked with last summer (both of them will remain
nameless).

While I was there, we had a mapped statement that was a monster -
about 300-400 lines long when you combined the result map and the sql
statement. To run it on my notebook (at the time a 1.4GHz Centrino w/
768M or RAM) it took 1-2 seconds.

After my contract ended, the lead developer left, and the next guy in
line decided that iBATIS was too hard, and that MDA+Hibernate would be
way easier, and just as fast.

Here is part of the conversation I had earlier today (names changed to
protect the guilty):

 my-friend-without-a-name@hotmail.com: if you thought the (monster)
was pretty bad...
 my-friend-without-a-name@hotmail.com: the new (monster) does 16000