ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Dave Rodenbaugh" <drodenba...@WILDBLUECORP.COM>
Subject RE: Using parameterMaps
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:04:01 GMT
Thanks for the feedback...That all makes sense, except #4.

CDATA sections, while not necessary here, are placed there because in
the future, I probably won't be the one maintaining this code.  If
someone alters a WHERE clause to use < or >, then I've protected them
from future errors in their code.

Unless there's some fragility in the internals of iBATIS that don't
handle CDATAs well, this seems to be a generally good, forward-thinking
practice...Do you still disagree?

-D

________________________________

From: Jeff Butler [mailto:jeffgbutler@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 5:15 PM
To: user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using parameterMaps

Several things...

1. map is OK - it is a predefined type alias
2. java.util.HashMap is OK also
3. When using parameter maps, you must specify question marks in the SQL
instead of property names.  This is likely the cause of your problem.
For this reason, I recommend that you forego the use of explicit
parameter maps altogether, the inline syntax is much clearer IMHO
4.  You don't need CDATA here (it's not causing the problem, but I think
it's bad practice to write a CDATA section unless you really need it -
in other words, very rarely)

So, I would delete the <parameterMap> and do this instead:

<select id="findOrderMasterByStatusAndOrderType"
            parameterClass="map"
            resultClass="OrderMaster">
  <include refid="OrderMasterBase"/>
  WHERE Order_Status = #orderStatus# AND Order_Type = #orderType#
</select>

Jeff Butler