ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Ross, Niall" <Niall.R...@agriculture.gov.ie>
Subject Problem committing records using IBATIS in embedded jar file
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:26:06 GMT
Hi,

I am having the following problem and I was wondering had anyone encountered this type of
thing before
or could someone possibly lend a hand with a solution.

Ok here's the setup:

Project A uses ibatis to control all transaction management functionality needed.
Project B also uses ibatis but also includes Project A in the form of a jar.

We are currently developing in Project B and wish to prevent duplication of code so we
want to re-use the DB related calls from Project A within Project B through the Project A
jar.
With me so far???

When we execute code from Project A that alters a table in some way we use the DAOManager
start, end and commit the transactions. This is working in Project A.

The problem occurs when trying to execute this same code through the jar file from within
Project B
as when we the execute the code the transaction does not get committed at all. It will however
be committed
when I physically shutdown my local appserver.

It seems to me that there is some sort of IBATIS config conflict problem when trying to execute
transaction management
in the way described above.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,
Niall

***************  Department of Agriculture and Food ******************

The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
confidential and is designated solely for the attention and use of
the intended recipient(s). This information may be subject to legal
and professional privilege.  If you are not an intended recipient of
this email, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain
this message or any part of it. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies
of this email from your computer system(s).

****************  An Roinn Talmhaíochta Agus Bia  *******************

Tá an t-eolais san ríomhphost seo, agus in aon ceangláin leis,
faoi phribhléid agus faoi rún agus le h-aghaigh an seolaí amháin.
D’fhéadfadh ábhar an seoladh seo bheith faoi phribhléid
profisiúnta nó dlíthiúil. Mura tusa an seolaí a bhí beartaithe
leis an ríomhphost seo a fháil, tá cosc air, nó aon chuid de,
a úsáid, a chóipeál, nó a scaoileadh.  Má tháinig sé chugat de
bharr dearmad, téigh i dteagmháil leis an seoltóir agus scrios an
t-ábhar ó do ríomhaire le do thoil.