ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Eric T. Blue" <ericblu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ibatis v hibernate
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 23:01:09 GMT
IMHO, I think Larry and Nathan are both partially right.  I believe it's
safe to say that discussions on the topic of persistence frameworks in Java
are sometimes as intense as political or religious debates ;)  Personally, I
think a high-level breakdown of the differences between frameworks would be
good.  Even having a feature matrix that compares against some other
frameworks would be helpful for people that are in the process of evaluating
different solutions.

Per Nathan's suggestion, I think it would be good to list some pros and cons
of different approaches.  And, I would be careful how one product is
categorized as better than the other.   Obviously, what's best is often
subjective, so there should ideally be some specific benchmarks (e.g.
solution A's response time is faster than solution B w/ X concurrent users).