ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Tegan Clark <tegan.cl...@yahoo.com>
Subject mode="INOUT" with custom type handler
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:30:19 GMT
Hi Group,

I've successfully implemented a custom type handler to handle an Oracle custom type.  All
works just fine as long as my custom type is registered as mode="IN".  In Oracle it's actually
an INOUT.  As soon as i change the mode to INOUT in my map I get a "Invalid column type" from
iBATIS when it types to map the parameters.  My type handler never gets called, so the problems
not in there (I think).

Here's the snippet of the map:

    <parameterMap id="listErrorByClientSummaryParameters" class="java.util.Map">
        <parameter property="report.dateRange" javaType="com.sc.domain.report.DateRange"
jdbcType="DATERANGETYPE" mode="INOUT"/>

And the registration in the config:

 <typeHandler javaType="com.sc.domain.report.DateRange" jdbcType="DATERANGETYPE" callback="com.sc.dal.reportBuilder.ibatis.typeHandler.DateRangeTypeHandler"
/>

Changing to INOUT throws me:

 The error occurred in com/sc/dal/reportBuilder/ibatis/errorLogSummaryReport-map.xml.
 The error occurred while executing query procedure.
 Check the {call all_error_pkg.listErrorByClientSummary()}.
 Check the output parameters (register output parameters failed).
 Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type; nested exception is com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:

 The error occurred in com/aptare/sc/dal/reportBuilder/ibatis/errorLogSummaryReport-map.xml.

 The error occurred while executing query procedure.
 Check the {call all_error_pkg.listErrorByClientSummary()}.
 Check the output parameters (register
 output parameters failed).
 Cause: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type

I read Oracle can throw this if you set a null on a column that doesn't have a type set, but
I'm pretty sure I'm not in that boat.

Anyone on the list had any similar experiences?

All help greatly appreciated.

Tegan