ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Clinton Begin" <clinton.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resultClass for BLOB field
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:47:00 GMT
Right.  We don't make use of the JDBC Blob/Clob classes.  So you have to use
a byte[] (byte array).

However, if your BLOB is huge, you might want to stream it directly to disk,
or even directly to the browser.  In this case you'll want to bypass iBATIS,
as it likely doesn't make sense to map huge data structures to anything
resident in memory.

Cheers,
Clinton