ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple ejb jars and singleton DAOManager
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 14:58:15 GMT
Is now a bad time to tell you that the DAO part of the framework is
being deprecated?

Larry

On 11/5/06, Mr Li <kopio_zero@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm currently assigned to a large project that requires individual ejb modularity.
>
> In this case, its a standard app->service(sessionEJB)->db(ibatis) design.
>
> The problem with this, is that different people will work on different service ejbs and
the boss wanted seperate DaoManager(dao.xmls) for each service.

> Well, this design should work perfectly for CMP as the datasource is assigned by the
container during deployment, but for ibatis this would mean a different daomanager for each
service which would make it very error prone, although it uses a 'pre-agreed' jndi datasource.

> But practically, this would mean multiple daomanager for single datebase app and jndi
name could very well change right? The potential datasource misconfigure disaster is what
I'm afraid... :)

> Forcing a single daomanager singleton design would break this 'ejb modularity concept'
and would create bloated dao.xml and sqlmapconfig.xml files my boss says...