ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From "Macarron Miegemolle, Eduardo" <e.macar...@iberdrola.es>
Subject Problem when flushing caches by code on version 2.1.7
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:00:23 GMT

	Hi there,

	Or app has an isolated module that serves data that usually don´t
change. When we alter some rows at BD we call a method that is supposed to
flush all caches.

	This is our flush code:

	public void invalidaCacheNegocio() {

		log.info("Invalidando caché de negocio...");

		DaoManager daoManager = DaoConfig.getDaoManager();
		LiteralCacheDao dao = (LiteralCacheDao)
daoManager.getDao(LiteralNegCacheDao.class);
		// un DaoTransaction es un wrapper de un SQLMapClient
		// creemos que solo hay un sqlmapclient para todo
		SqlMapDaoTransaction sqlMapDaoTransaction =
(SqlMapDaoTransaction) daoManager.getTransaction((Dao)dao);

		// flush de todas las cachés
		sqlMapDaoTransaction.getSqlMap().flushDataCache();

		log.info("caché de negocio invalidada");
	}

	It runs into an Session bean with containter managed transaction.
iBatis is configured to use EXTERNAL transaction manager.

	Usually this method works fine but some days ago we have had some
errors. A dump analysis has revealed some interesting info:

   java.lang.Object@31C2EB18/31C2EB20
      Waiters....... 33
    Thread information:
      Thread type..................... Servlet handler
      name............................ SoapConnectorThreadPool : 1257
      thread id....................... 0x5D3CCBA0
      priority........................ 5
       state........................... CW
     Waiting on monitor................ java.lang.Object@31C2EB18/31C2EB20
       Waiting for web work............. no
       Executing web or local EJB work.. no
       Waiting for remote orb work...... no
       Stack:
          java.lang.Object.wait in null native=true
          java.lang.Object.wait in Object.java native=false
          com.ibatis.common.util.Throttle.increment in Throttle.java
native=false
          com.ibatis.common.util.ThrottledPool.pop in ThrottledPool.java
native=false
          com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.popSession in
SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java native=false
          com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.<init> in
SqlMapSessionImpl.java native=false

com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.getLocalSqlMapSession in
SqlMapClientImpl.java native=false
          com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.startTransaction in
SqlMapClientImpl.java native=false

com.ibatis.dao.engine.transaction.sqlmap.SqlMapDaoTransaction.<init> in
SqlMapDaoTransaction.java native=false

com.ibatis.dao.engine.transaction.sqlmap.SqlMapDaoTransactionManager.startTr
ansaction in SqlMapDaoTransactionManager.java native=false
          com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.DaoContext.startTransaction in
DaoContext.java native=false
          com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.DaoContext.getTransaction in
DaoContext.java native=false
          com.ibatis.dao.engine.impl.StandardDaoManager.getTransaction in
StandardDaoManager.java native=false

com.iberdrola.sic.seguridad.dominio.accion.FrameworkApp.invalidaCacheTecnica
in FrameworkApp.java native=false

com.iberdrola.sic.seguridad.dominio.accion.ServiciosNatImpl.invalidaCacheTec
nica in ServiciosNatImpl.java native=false

	Notice that there are 33 threads bloqued on ThrottledPool!

	This problem is reported as a bug on 2.1.7 version:

	http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@ibatis.apache.org/msg00939.html

	But it's too late for us to go a version up, and don´t want to use
not-GA versions so I would like to solve this on 2.1.7 maybe changing our
code.

	I think there are two possibilities:
	- First: Include a dummy SQL sentence with a flushOnExecute. This is
a problem because we have lot of sqlmap xml files.

	- Second: Add this sentence to the cache-flush code:

		sqlMapDaoTransaction.commit();

		Here I need your opinion because I have a very poor
knowledge about iBatis internals. Does this sence make sense in our case?
Could it resolver the ThrottledPool deadlock?

	BTW, will this problem be fixed on 2.1.7 version?

	Thanks!!

Este mensaje se dirige exclusivamente a su destinatario. La información incluida en el
presente correo es confidencial sometida a secreto profesional, especialmente en lo que
respecta a los datos personales, cuya divulgación está prohibida, en virtud de la
legislación vigente. Si usted no lo es y lo ha recibido por error o tiene conocimiento
del mismo por cualquier motivo, le rogamos que nos lo comunique por este medio y proceda
a destruirlo o borrarlo, y que en todo caso se abstenga de utilizar, reproducir, alterar,
archivar o comunicar a terceros el presente mensaje y ficheros anexos, todo ello bajo
pena de incurrir en responsabilidades legales. Cualquier opinión contenida en este correo
es exclusiva de su autor y no representa necesariamente la opinión de Iberdrola. El
emisor no garantiza la integridad, rapidez o seguridad del presente correo, ni se
responsabiliza de posibles perjuicios derivados de la captura, incorporaciones de virus o
cualesquiera otras manipulaciones efectuadas por terceros.

This message is intended for the exclusive attention of the addressee(s) indicated. Any
information contained herein is strictly confidential and privileged, especially as
regards personal data, which must not be disclosed, in accordance with legislation
currently in force. If you are not the intended recipient and have received it by mistake
or learn about it in any other way, please notify us by return e-mail and delete this
message from your computer system. Any unauthorised use, reproduction, alteration, filing
or sending of this message and/or any attached files to third parties may lead to legal
proceedings being taken. Any opinion expressed herein is solely that of the author(s) and
does not necessarily represent the opinion of Iberdrola. The sender does not guarantee
the integrity, speed or safety of this message, not accept responsibility for any
possible damage arising from the interception, incorporation of virus or any other
manipulation carried out by third parties.