ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Joe Weder <Joe.We...@hj3m.com>
Subject Re: Abator: Wish for Complex Model Generation
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:39:57 GMT

Jeff,

I understand. I realize its beyond the intended scope of Abator. Maybe this
is geared more toward helping with initial design, I don't know.

The XSD idea... been doing some research on replication and related things
we are working on. Seems like a lot of tools are beginning to be geared
around the XSD model. And so I was just extrapolating, I would love to have
a single model or models (XSD) from wich I could generate Domain Objects,
DAOs, DDL, and XML Marshalling stuff, etc. For DAO stuff we have been using
Spring/JDBC but recently really began using iBatis - which we just think is
the coolest. We don't use the DAO aspects of iBatis; just the mapping.

Anyway, if there was a way to code generate a big chunck of the stuff one
needs from a well formed model it would be really cool. And, I think, good
for iBatis.

Thanks for the feedback.