ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From Joe Weder <jwe...@gbg.com>
Subject Abator: Wish for Complex Model Generation
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:39:37 GMT

Took a look at Abator... really nice.

Ideally, for me, I think it would be awesome to generate mappings to first
class business models instead of table classes. By that I mean complex
models with object graphs. It would entail doing joins etc. I see iBATIS can
handle this but ABATOR does not honor this when it extracts the foreign key
relationships.

I wish for ABATOR to be driven be maybe an XSD? DDL can be extracted from an
XSD. There are ways to generate other artifacts from XSD. Business Object
interfaces and implementations and marshalling code for example.

Anyone else think this would offer huge potential for iBATIS?