ibatis-user-java mailing list archives

From navrsale <navrsalem...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] Intending to release 2.2.1
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 06:03:39 GMT

Although it seems straightforward and logical decision, I don't think it is a
good idea, primarily because of
interface immutability principle, which have been proven as beneficial on
many large scale projects. Once it is
published it is published, that's it (for example, in servlet specs there
are still some things dating back from 1998, and yes, I had to follow these
same old APIs on the latest platforms as recently as last year, for the
reasons which are hard to comprehand ;)